Skip to main content

Happy Change Day

To every one who is reading this. It’s been two weeks since Barrack Obama have taken his seat at White House. And as promised he has brought in a lot of change in the USA and world. Hope he succeeds in the long and also short four years in office and then again get re-elected. Because if and only if he succeeds then only people will like change.
Alright now I really don’t have time to write any more my board exams are lurking overhead. I am really worried about. Apart from that I would like to say that I bought ‘Ignited Minds’ and it is a great book by APJ Abdul Kalam. I tell you it is a great book by him. Even in this recession days my whole month’s saving was not wasted. (Few experts are saying that it will hit India so badly.) Alright full review will come later on after 25th or so. But please wish me good luck and good luck to everyone who is giving board exams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Together we can

I liked the idea given by Sulakshana. Why should we all work separately and not together? After all, all of ours projects are related to climate change. We are just tackling it through different fronts. Someone is working for green building, someone in climate finance, someone in awareness etc. But my project has got best of all the worlds. So surely need the help of all you guys out there. But then the one of our Martian Mr. Raghav’s worry is very correct. What I think we should do is we should simply write about what we are doing and let the help flow in. All the things which Raghav says are true and practical. But then we have to make our project impactful. And this work cannot be done alone for sure. So we should focus our energy at not more than ten projects at a time. But surely we can pass suggestions and all to others. For example we in East Zone more precisely ICCs in and around Kolkata have 4 waste management projects so we are doing it together. I also have a waste managemen...

The Placement Season

Almost an year ago it was the same time of the year when most of us were at our peak of nervousness. We were job hunting madly. It was a mad house. Class notes were replaced by job details and then by SOPs. We all did end up getting jobs though. Infact half of us got job in the very first day. Which for many turned out to be a disaster. What I learned in this whole year was we do lot of things just based on peer pressure and want to conform to the social norms. Higher package, bigger brand the better. And in all that cacophony we forget to listen to our hearts. Two years in TISS prepares us for many challenges that we would face in future, yet we decide to settle for things simpler and easier. If we put ourselves together we can achieve so much for our country and ourselves yet we fail to realise most of it in time.Yes some do realise it before other do and take that bold step. The fact that I am writing this post thousands of miles away from home in a foreign nations speaks vo...

We are the Climate Generation

Today our world faces plethora of problems. And I believe that most dangerous are the environmental problems. Unlike others which people think can be solved by guns and cannons. These problems can never be solved in the same way. It needs awakening of the human mind. It needs us to develop the respect which we must have for our only living planet. Lives will be lost, homes will be destroyed our whole is on the edge of annihilation. But there is a silver lining to this dark cloud. From 13th to 17th July one of the brightest minds from this part of the world (India and Sri Lanka) were engaged in a training programme which is one of a kind. The training programme was organised by TERI and British Council. And all those brightest minds are International Climate Champions 2010. Part of British council’s initiative of creating Climate Generation. Those 5 days were one of the best days of my life. Not only did I learn so much from our wonderful trainers Laura and Sarah but also from my Climat...